Thursday, September 24, 2009

Project #1






For my first series of photos, I chose to use the same picture of a mother and daughter for all three of the photos. In the first photo, I decided to cut out the girl and replace her with her writing what she said about her mother. I feel like taking her out is showing how a mom and their teenage daughter often fight a lot and disagree on many things. It shows her absent mind in the situation and how her mother could basically be talking to a wall. In the second photo I chose to take the mother out and replace her with what she was saying to her daughter. I felt that this symbolized her absense in the daughters mind because everything she said was being ignored. In the third photo I took them both out to show that they were each in their own world. I replaced them with the writings that they were saying to each other; however, this time it was a line from each of them to show that their words clashed and weren't communicated properly to each other.

In the second series of photos, I chose to take pictures of traffic on the road and delete the lines on the road. I did this to symbolize that sometimes in life, we don't always have guidance; however, we use knowledge from our past experiences to guide us without having things written for us all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment