
Louise Lawler is known for photographing different pieces of artwork as they are displayed. In this photograph, she showed how a piece of work by Warhol was displayed over a television set in a living room that is also surrounded by different modern art pieces. Her purpose is to show how "the installation of artwork is never neutral." This was dicussed in Jerry Saltz's article entitled, "The Art World's Space Invader."
When I first looked at this picture, I didn't really notice the piece by Warhol. The modern art popped out at me first and then the fact that the room looked split. It wasn't until I read the article that I realized that the focus was on the "random" Warhol artwork that was displayed on the wall. After I saw that, I saw things differently. People have very different interpretations of things when they are first looked at. I saw a connection between this and my personality. I do not only have one style. I like a variety of things and sometimes I like to mix them together. The only particular reason that the art on the left stood out to me more was mainly because of its color.
http://nymag.com/arts/art/reviews/47194/
No comments:
Post a Comment